What is the process for CEIS?
Christian Education can be requested by parents in several ways:
- in conversation with the school principal
- through submitting a parent postcard to their school
- via the online section of this site
When a request is received by a Principal the school is encouraged to make contact with the CEIS Coordinator. Once contacted we will:
- meet with the Principal, along with the Network Leader (if one is in place), to discuss options for introducing Christian Education into the school
- identify a suitable volunteer team for the school, sometimes by contacting local churches and sometimes using an existing pool of volunteers
- provide bulk quantities of parent information postcards and accompanying letters (as text only or on our letterhead) to be distributed to every family in the school, identifying other like-minded parents who might also ‘opt-in’ their children for Christian Education
- continue to work with the school until the program is implemented
NB: Once a parent has requested Christian Education for their child/children, the request is valid until it is revoked at any time. It is unnecessary to re-contact the parents to ask for their permission again either every term, every year or at any other time.