Building school relationships
Volunteering as a Christian Education teacher is just one of the many ways to build relationships with your local school community.
Depending on needs of the school and community, your church might like to consider any of the following options:
- becoming a classroom reading helper or assisting in any way needed
- taking part in a weekend working bee and cleaning up an area of the school
- serving on the team hosting a Christmas carols concert or a school holiday program
- providing the school with some financial support or Christmas hampers for children and families in need
- becoming the Community Representative on the local school board
establishing or assisting with a breakfast club
Churches in the Canberra area have already established many of the above initiatives.
There are many ways of being Jesus’ hands and feet on earth and building healthy relationships in the community. Most importantly, these relationships will show you care and are willing to serve. They may also assist in the establishment of Christian Education or support and enhance an existing program.